Warriors’ Path is a busy park, with nearly two million visitors each year. Yet there are still many corners of quiet beauty and wildlife discovery. Thanks to a great diversity of natural habitats, you can find a wide variety of common woodland, wetland and old field bird species. Waterfowl frequent Fort Patrick Henry Lake and the forests in the park are home to many songbirds. Nearly 120 species of birds have been observed throughout the year.
- Do not endanger the welfare of birds.
- Tread lightly and respect bird habitat.
- Silence is golden.
- Do not use electronic sound devices to attract birds during nesting season, May-July.
- Take extra care when in a nesting area.
- Always respect the law and the rights of others, violators subject to prosecution.
- Do not trespass on private property.
- Avoid pointing your binoculars at other people or their homes.
- Limit group sizes in areas that are not conducive to large crowds.